- About Fotoprint
- Orders / Estimates
- What we do
- File guidelines
- Contact / Hours
- Things we print / Prices
- Banners / Big things
- Business things
- Cards of all sorts
- Marketing things
- Paper, blank
- Other things
wide format roll based, flexible printing
First on Vancouver Island!
Striving to diversify our environmentally friendly product line, we're pleased to announce the installation of the Mimaki CJV300-160 wide format roll printer. This print technology helps reduce the environmental impact of printing, so everyone stays healthy.
Some benefits of this printing technology are:
- Outdoor prints achieve display permanence up to 5 years and are scratch, smudge and water resistant.
- Indoor prints achieve display permanence up to 10 years.
- Odour free. Inks do not contain hazardous air pollutants resulting in a better print shop environment.
- Extremely fast turnaround times.
- Exceptional fade resistance.
- No minimum order.
- 6 colour printing provides colour depth and accurate skin tones.
- What are the limitations of soft proofing?
A PDF proof, or soft proof, is a useful tool but needs to be used with CAUTION. Specific limitations are:
- The colour of the printed piece will not match your screen/monitor. Even with the best calibration and monitor profiling, there is no reliable way to make an RGB monitor match a CMYK print. A hardcopy proof is the only option for making sure that the end result will be what you are expecting.
- It's human nature to skim over an item on the screen, where mistakes tend to jump out more on a printed page.
- Sizing, folding, pagination, and orientation are very hard to judge on a screen.
- Low resolution images won't be noticeable on the screen, but will stand out like a sore thumb on the hardcopy.
- Graphic designers utilizing transparencies, overprints, duotones, and other techniques need to see a hardcopy to determine how these will print.
For all orders at Fotoprint, we generate a hardcopy proof at the same time as the online version. Every proof except wide-format will be accurate to the finished print (wide format is a reasonable match, a stock-match colour-accurate proof can be obtained for an additional fee)