For substantial savings on brochures, postcards and rack cards in quantities which exceed the economic viability of digital printing, we offer ongoing specials which are offset printed weekly.
For smaller quantities and faster turnarounds, select from the "Products & Sample Prices" list to your left.
What's the trade-off?
Your timing needs to allow for this weekly print run. Your print-ready PDF files should be supplied to us by noon Monday. We will quickly generate a proof, which must be approved by noon Wednesday. Your order is packaged and ready for pickup or delivery by noon the following Monday. In short, Monday to Monday.
If you can't wait for the weekly print run, no problem. We can produce them incredibly fast on your own print run. Just let us know what your needs are.
All printing is in hi definition full colour. The cards are printed 1 or 2 sides on 12pt semi gloss cover. The brochures are printed 2 sides on 80lb coated gloss book paper including a standard 3 panel letter fold, an accordion 3 panel fold or a single 2 panel fold.
Prices are based on supplied print ready digital files in PDF format and include one set of proofs. Modifications and/or additional proofs will be subject to extra charges. Applicable taxes and delivery extra. Prices are influenced by the fluctuating cost of materials, and are subject to change without notice.
Templates for common graphic design applications are available in our template download section.
- Does printing green cost more?
- Paper: Most recycled papers, especially those with a high percentage of PCW (post consumer waste), do cost slightly more than virgin papers. Volume purchasing keeps the premium to a minimum. We inventory 100% post consumer waste recycled paper, and we use it exclusively for our white bond, uncoated book and envelope stocks. All of our in house papers are either certified by one of the major environmental groups, recycled, or both.
- What are the benefits to printing with your waterless ink?
- Consistent colour: Eliminates the vagaries of the dampening system with more consistent colour throughout the press run.
- Better colour saturation: Four colour process waterless ink densities average 20% higher than standard ink, which designers and printers love.
- Low dot gain, more detail: The inherent low dot gain of waterless ink allows for higher screen values, sharper dots and photographic shadow detail is rendered more clearly.
- More paper options: Waterless is great for printing on a variety of stock. Without the water factor, many paper problems associated with offset printing disappear.
- Faster setup times: Saving time reduces printing prices.
- Better for the planet: The reduction in dampening usage and paper waste are strong benefits that are now beginning to make themselves felt among those concerned with environmental issues. The elimination of VOCs (volitile organic compounds) from the printing process is yet another Fotoprint step in protection of the earth's ozone layer.
- Our ongoing specials are all printed with waterless inks.
- What are the limitations/liabilities of supplying my own stock?
For speciality stocks/substrates which are provided to us, the customer assumes full responsibility for the material cost should it become damaged during printing or handling. Please allow extras for setups, samples, and errors. Mistakes, both human and machine, happen in the print industry, and accepted standards allow for 10 - 15% waste on any order. Under no circumstances will Fotoprint replace or refund the cost of customer supplied materials.
- What are the top 5 problems with supplied PDF files?
A bleed is an area on a printed sheet where the image extends to the cut edge. The outcome of missing bleeds is uneven and sometimes crooked white lines on the edge of the printed piece which leaves an unprofesional and unfinished look, especially on business cards. While missing bleeds can be easily applied in the native software application, repairing bleeds in a PDF can be a time consuming process. In some instances we can fix it but there will be extra charges/time for us to do so.
There are many printing companies and copy shops that do not worry about bleeds. Our print standards are higher. Please bear with us as we try to get it right, the first time. The end result will be worth the effort.